WHAT YOU NEED TO CREATE A BEAUTIFUL SIGNATURE PRESENTATION
My face turns tomato red (challenging for a Filipina), and the words filling my mind disappear into an abyss. Speaking in front of a crowd is always intimidating no matter if it is in front of an audience of 10 or 100. I am still overcoming this fear, but when I do, it will be because i’ve prepared, researched and practiced… and hired Jessica as my speaking mentor. But what’s next?
With a beautifully designed signature presentation, just like when you wear your favorite shade of lipstick, you will feel poised, confident and ready to take on the world. Create slides with your organized, engaging outline to support your topic and build brand recognition. Use design elements such as color, fonts and imagery to build interest and find a whole new following for you and your business. In the steps below, I’ll give you a few tips to help you design a signature presentation you can use again and again.
What do you need for a slide presentation that brings you the brand recognition you crave?
- An outline that tells a story, relates to your audience and supports your theme.
- A title that draws in your audience from the very beginning.
- Your brand style guide to help you be consistent with your brand. If you’re unfamiliar with a style guide or brand board, it is a summary of all your visual brand elements including your logo, fonts, colors and patterns. It is a huge resource that needs much more attention than it gets!
- Brand imagery enriches a presentation. Whenever I think of certain brands, specific motifs come to mind. Like, Reina + Co’s citrus fruit or Johnston Style’s green and pink hearts.
As you design your presentation, remember:
- Use the same fonts (no more than 2-3) and colors throughout the presentation. If you must use a cursive or calligraphy font, save it for headlines and short lines of text above 24 pts.
- Graphic Design is simply establishing a visual system to communicate information easily and effectively. Treat the design as a system.
- Make 3-5 slide templates, depending on the length of your presentation. Repeating and mixing up the templates creates rhythm that keeps your audience engaged while maintaining consistency. For example, design a slide with bullet points, a slide with a full size image and a slide with a combination of text and images. Then copy the three templates throughout the slide presentation.
- Stay true to your brand! Refer to your brand board or style guide again and again… and again.
With these tips, creating your signature presentation will be super easy! Want to work with me on your next presentation? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and mention this blog to save 10% !
ILLIAH MANGER // BRANDING EXPERT + GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Illiah Manger is the creative mind and chief designer behind C&V where she collaborates with creative business owners that lead from the heart to translate their voice into a visual brand full of personality and soul. She wholeheartedly believes in brands that are intimate and designed to tell a story. She's a paper lover, mom of two girlies (the muses that are C&V), earl grey tea drinker, cookie hunter and typography lover.